WVTF seeks a General Manager. The General Manager will lead a successful NPR member public radio enterprise with service covering over half of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
WVTF operates two full time networks of all news (RADIO IQ) and all music (WVTF Music) covering a population of over 2 million. The station’s annual budget of $3.55 million is supported by over $2 million in individual gifts. 26 signals across the state include Roanoke, Richmond, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, Lexington, Lynchburg, and more. See wvtf.org for more coverage details.
The primary program focus is news and information. Roanoke is the main studio with a satellite studio located in Charlottesville. National award winning (SPJ, Murrow, AP) full time journalists are stationed in Richmond, Charlottesville, and Blacksburg, as well as numerous contract reporters throughout the state who contribute on a regular basis.
WVTF is licensed to the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. and managed for the foundation by Virginia Tech, a state university. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of University Relations, the General Manager provides leadership and oversees comprehensive functions for WVTF public radio, providing direction for developing its programming and its talents. The General Manager works in close collaboration with the community, economic development entities, colleges, programs, and faculty members to encourage, coordinate and manage the identification, funding, and delivery of programs and activities.
For more details, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience or Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in broadcasting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, strategize, implement, and deliver programs and activities that result in positive and financially supportive relationships.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate volunteers and donors, be self-motivated, and embrace the concept and attitude of teamwork in a complex organization.
- Public radio experience.
- Extensive experience with live radio hosting and news delivery.
- Familiarity with WVTF/RADIO IQ broadcast area/Virginia.
- Multimedia production experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
WVTF is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
To learn more about WVTF and Radio IQ, visit http://wvtf.org/.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates