Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms.
The innovation/business reporter will primarily focus on innovation in the fields of health, science and technology, and business in southeastern Wisconsin.
Specific duties include:
- Independently research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms
- Prepare stories for national broadcast on NPR
- Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned
- Anchor news magazines, newscasts and special broadcasts as needed
- Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events
- A bachelor’s degree (granted by the date of hire)
- At least three years of professional experience as a journalist
- Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast
- An announcing style that fits with WUWM and NPR’s on-air sound
- Ability to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
- Experience covering innovation issues in health, science, technology or business
- Prior experience at a public radio station
- Experience producing in-depth stories for NPR
- Familiarity with producing material that has been optimized for digital platforms
Please see complete job description and application instructions at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/27227
This is a continuous recruitment. Initial review of applications will begin on 4/14/18. Applications received after 4/13/18 may not receive consideration.