Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms.
The education reporter will cover issues, debates and policy matters in that field. The person must be inquisitive, exploring the "how" and "why" of an issue, putting complex stories into context.
Specific duties include:
- Independently research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms
- Prepare stories for national broadcast on NPR
- Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned
- Anchor news magazines, newscasts and special broadcasts as needed
- Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events
- A bachelor’s degree (granted by the date of hire)
- At least three years of professional experience as a journalist
- Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast
- An announcing style that fits with WUWM and NPR’s on-air sound
- Ability to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
- Experience covering education
- Prior experience at a public radio station
- Experience producing in-depth stories for NPR
- Familiarity with producing material that has been optimized for digital platforms
Please see complete job description and application instructions at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/27227
This is a continuous recruitment. Initial review of applications will begin on 4/14/18. Applications received after 4/13/18 may not receive consideration.