As WSKG’s host/reporter, your primary responsibility is the live hosting of news programming, including radio newscasts and regular station breaks. In addition, you will produce multi-platform spot and in-depth content for news and public affairs programming. Both responsibilities will be fulfilled in alignment with WSKG’s mission and in adherence with high journalistic and ethical standards. In this full-time, union position, you will report to the Director of News & Public Affairs Content Development and Radio Operations & Programming.
In support of the above accomplishments, you will:
- serve as host for live news broadcasts including, but not limited to, NPR’s Morning Edition, All Things Considered and breaking news; arrange and present newscasts, billboards and regular station breaks;
- use investigative techniques to gather, analyze, interpret and report news, producing written stories, features, enterprise reports, and spots for multi-platform news and public affairs programing;
- complete on-air/board shift responsibilities as assigned, performing any programming and automation duties necessary;
- produce multi-platform promotional and fundraising content;
- participate in WSKG promotional events, as well as on-air fundraising for radio and television;
- professionally represent WSKG in the community; and
- perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- At least two years of radio broadcasting experience, and at least some specialized training as a reporter
- Expertise in voice delivery and writing for the ear
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- One or more years of live broadcast hosting experience
- Previous experience in a public broadcasting environment
Interested candidates should send the following required documents:
- Cover letter (noting where this job announcement was found)
- Audio samples
- Three professional references with contact information
Required documents may be e-mailed to Jobs@WSKG.org; mailed to WSKG Public Media, Attn. Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Suite 4, Vestal, New York, 13850; or faxed to 607-729-7328.
Review of applicants will continue until finalists are selected.