- The director is responsible for student recruitment, training and daily supervision of staff.
- The director will also interface with Fordham University Athletics and Sports Information offices to accomplish programming goals, as well as collaborate with the university's Department of Communication and Media Studies as appropriate to develop student engagement and professional training in sports journalism.
- Maintain and improve all aspects of the station's sports programming, both on and off air.
- Develop the next generation of sports media professionals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- Five or more years of career experience.
- The successful candidate must have a robust professional network in sports broadcasting, producing and media relations. A strong ability to relate to, teach and mentor college students is essential to the position. College teaching experience is a plus, but not required. Must possess excellent administrative skills.
The Sports Director position requires a significant time commitment. The Director must be available on Saturdays, and during a variety of hours in the week, including early mornings and some nights. Availability to students is a critical part of the responsibilities.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2017
DEADLINE: March 3, 2017
Candidates must provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of interest detailing your experience, successes and connections in the field, as well as your management and teaching styles.
- Three professional references
- Three audio and/or video examples of your work (as applicable)
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.