The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) seeks a General Manager for WBHM, the UAB licensed NPR news station serving Birmingham and the surrounding region.
The successful applicant will direct the operations of WBHM-FM and Alabama Radio Reading Service, a resource for the blind and print-impaired. They will initiate planning, develop budgets, establish and manage goals and policies, evaluate program services and recommend enhancements to management.
About WBHM: WBHM digs deeper to provide stories, ideas, insights, and programs for the people of Alabama. Our mission is to reach beyond the mundane and superficial to inform, to enlighten, and to provide an understanding of our diverse, complex, and ever-changing world. Our commitment at WBHM is to help our listeners listen deeper. https://news.wbhm.org/
- Directs routine broadcast, fund raising and promotional activities; oversees programming schedules. Reviews and evaluates station services; makes recommendations for improvements and takes corrective actions.
- Develops, secures approval of, implements and administers departmental goals, objectives and budgets. Monitors financial statements; projects trends and makes recommendations to improve financial status; oversees administration of station revenues, donations and grants.
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates the performance of personnel.
- Ensures station policies and activities are in compliance with University and appropriate governmental agencies.
- Attends various committee/department meetings and other related conferences.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate publications and attending related conferences and seminars.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field, and seven years' experience in broadcast management, (programming, development, operations or engineering), preferably in public broadcasting.
About UAB: Our story is one of remarkable growth in size, quality, reputation and impact. In a little more than four decades, UAB has transformed from its modest beginnings as an extension center into a doctoral research university and academic medical center. And we have the same audacious vision that led our founders to dream big dreams:
To educate, advance discovery, care for the sick, respond to the needs of our community and establish Alabama as a progressive economic center that can change the world. http://www.uab.edu/home/about/
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
HOW TO APPLY:
UAB is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. For consideration, visit the full job posting, application instructions and apply online at http://liv.jobs
Date for full consideration: October 15, 2016
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates.
Search Assistance by:
Livingston Associates – http://www.livingstonassociates.net/