JOB TITLE: Reporter & Producer
Summary: Valley Public Radio is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a general assignment reporter and news producer in California’s San Joaquin Valley. The position involves reporting, writing and assembling daily and feature-length news content for broadcast on the station and for digital platforms. The position also involves producing the station’s weekly news magazine program Valley Edition, including research, booking guests, assembling segments, and editing content. The ideal candidate is a gifted journalist who is eager to work in a small but ambitious newsroom, and can excel in a variety of settings. Excellent writing skills, news judgement and personal communication skills are essential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report, write, edit and assemble original content for the station’s broadcast and digital platforms, including both daily and feature-length coverage
- Serve as producer for the station’s weekly news magazine program Valley Edition
- Research program segments, book guests, maintain Valley Edition program rundowns and schedules
- Share station journalism on a variety of platforms and settings including the web, social media, and at station events
- Compliance with all Valley Public Radio/White Ash Broadcasting policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Digital audio recording and editing skills
- Must be consistently well informed about a variety of local and national issues
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, online content management systems, social media platforms
- Must have ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work as part of a team
- Must have the ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Must be able to write, edit and produce content consistent with the NPR style
- Understanding of public radio’s core values and editorial standards
- At least one year of journalism / broadcast production experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field
- Must have a valid California drivers license and reliable transportation
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Content
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt
LOCATION: This position is based at our broadcast center in Clovis, CA.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Valley Public Radio, 2589 Alluvial Ave, Clovis, CA 93611 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
DATE POSTED: NOVEMBER 6, 2017 -- POSTION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Valley Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.