Iowa Public Radio is looking for a radio producer to join our Talk Show team as a Talk Show Producer. This individual will be responsible for producing Iowa Public Radio’s talk shows, Talk of Iowa and River to River. This includes developing, researching, preparing, coordinating, and presenting topics relevant, interesting, and engaging to Iowans through subject matter and knowledgeable guests. This position is also responsible for preparing promotion in advance of upcoming show topics, completing post-production at the conclusion of the daily talk shows, producing other multimedia elements as part of IPR’s online presentation, and supporting usage of content from the talk shows in IPR’s newsmagazines (Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Weekend Edition, etc.).
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$31,002 - $40,302
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or related field;
- One to two years of experience as a reporter, editor, host, or producer in a broadcast, on-line or print journalism organization; and
- Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition.
- Experience in a live radio broadcast environment;
- Experience in public radio;
- Experience using ISDN and other phone/interview connections; and
- Experience with standard broadcast studio equipment.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries may be routed to email@example.com or 515-725-1707.
Applications must be received by 5 pm Friday, February 10, 2017. Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.