The National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) and Public Radio News Directors Incorporated (PRNDI) are proud to offer a deadline extension for this year's entries for the Excellence in Consumer Financial Reporting Award to be presented at the PRNDI Annual Conference in St. Louis in June of 2016.
This is a single award that will be presented to a local public radio station or regional public radio network.
To submit an entry for this award, the following parameters must be followed. Each entry must:
• Be submitted by a local public radio station or regional public radio network
• Be focused on an aspect of personal finance
• Demonstrate keen understanding and clear presentation of a newsworthy consumer financial topic
• Exhibit an obvious commitment to educating and empowering news consumers to consistently make healthy, educated financial decisions
• Show an exceptionally creative approach to research, story gathering, using sources and reporting
• Have aired during the calendar year 2014
• May not be longer than 10 minutes in length
• Award entrants must certify that if chosen as a winner and they cannot attend the PRNDI conference (or a suitable representative from the outlet as deemed by PRNDI and NEFE), they will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.
Entries must be submitted via email. All entries must be submitted by following these instructions
Copy and paste “NEFE Financial Reporting Submission” into the subject line of your email.
Address the email to PRNDI President George Bodarky at firstname.lastname@example.org
The body of the email needs to include the following:
- Name of Entry
- Name, address, phone number and email address of entrant
- A working url for the piece that will be available for judging and use through June of 2015.
Any submissions that do not follow these instructions are subject to disqualification.
*** Entry Deadline has been extended ***
All entries must now be submitted by March 11, 2016
PRNDI member rate: $50 per entry. Non-member rate: $75 per entry. Student rate: $30 per entry (NOTE: these prices include an extension fee of $10 per entry). All payments must be made online or mailed with a postmark on or before entry deadline. Online payments can be made through this link: http://prndi.org/awards-payment. Checks need to be sent to PRNDI, P.O. Box 838, Sturgis, SD 57785.
Winner will receive the following:
• Complimentary registration to the 2016 conference in St. Louis
• Physical award (plaque)
• Monetary award of $1,000
• Round trip economy-class airfare to and from St. Louis
• Hotel at conference (limited to two nights during conference)
All incidentals and other expenses are to be handled by award recipient.