The Producer will be part of the creative unit that is responsible for the production of Word of Mouth, NHPR’s daily magazine program that covers arts, culture, and unexpected angles on news stories; and Outside/In, a new sound-rich, narrative driven program about the natural world and how we use it. Candidates with a love of radio and a demonstrated ability to create compelling audio are encouraged to apply.
The Producer participates in the entire production process from pitch to final edit, and is responsible for generating segment ideas, pre-interviewing and booking guests, researching show topics, producing interview segments, editing audio, producing sound-rich show elements, developing the story arc, contributing to the programs’ websites andsocial media platforms. This position works closely with the Executive and Senior Producers, Producers, Hosts, Program Director and others to achieve the goals of Word of Mouth and Outside/In. The Producer also interacts with the Digital department to coordinate placement of content across platforms. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 178,000 weekly listeners across the state and region. New Hampshire Public Radio’s mission is to help create a more informed public, one challenged and enriched by a deeper understanding and appreciation of state, national and worldwide events, ideas and culture.
- Pitch ideas and show topics
- Book guests, research topics and produce segments for Word of Mouth and Outside/In.
- Write and edit daily scripts for host
- Edit audio of interviews and sound-rich programming elements.
- Participate in storyboarding the arc of narrative driven segments
- Participate in social media activities for Word of Mouth and Outside/In.
- Collaborate with the NHPR editorial team on special projects and series as appropriate, including election coverage, production of Writers on a New England Stage and other remote broadcasts.
- Participate in on-air fundraising and sponsorship activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Keen sensibility for seeking out compelling stories and topics and demonstrated ability to find unexpected sources.
• Minimum of two years of experience in audio production, preferably narrative-driven
• Passion and intuition for radio, a focus on media trends and audience needs and wants.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work under strict deadlines.
• Strong writing skills, including web and radio copy, as well as scripts for interviews.
• Experience working with hosts
• Excellent editorial judgment and understanding of public radio core values.
• Understanding of social media best practices.
• B.A. in relevant field or equivalent experience.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer
Please apply through the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: http://nhpr.iapplicants.com/