The Producer is responsible for executing the production of Word of Mouth, NHPR’s daily magazine program, and the weekend broadcast of Outside/In, a new environmental show, and the programs’ associated content.
The Producer generates segment ideas, produces segments, books and pre-interviews guests, conducts research, writes scripts, edits audio, finds and prepares pieces for air from a variety of sources, generates content for the program website and contributes to the social media activity for the show. He or she also prepares subsequent broadcasts of segment material beyond the show’s regular timeslot, such as interview excerpts and content appropriate for broadcast in NHPR newscasts. This position works closely with the Senior Producer, Producers, Hosts, Program Director and others to achieve the goals and objectives of Word of Mouth and Outside/In. This position also interacts with the Digital department to coordinate placement of content across platforms.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 169,000 weekly listeners across the state and region. New Hampshire Public Radio’s mission is to help create a more informed public, one challenged and enriched by a deeper understanding and appreciation of state, national and worldwide events, ideas and culture.
- Generate segment ideas for programs and website.
- Book guests, research topics and produce segments for daily and weekend production.
- Work with freelance producers, volunteers and contributors to create content for Word of Mouth, Outside/In and associated NHPR digital platforms.
- Write and edit daily scripts and select and edit sound-rich programming elements.
- Participate in social media activities for Word of Mouth and Outside/In.
- Collaborate with NHPR editorial team on special projects and series as appropriate, including election coverage, production of Writers on a New England Stage and other remote broadcasts.
- Participate in on-air fundraising and sponsorship activities as assigned.
- Work with Newscast Producer and News Director to place content, including relevant Word of Mouth and Outside/In interview excerpts, for air in NHPR newscasts as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing skills, including web and radio copy, as well as scripts for interviews.
- Keen sensibility for seeking out compelling and innovative topics and demonstrated ability to find the unexpected source for a good story idea.
- Passion and intuition for radio, focus on media trends and audience needs and wants.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work under strict deadlines.
- One year of experience in audio production, preferably in public media OR two years of experience in digital/multimedia arts and culture coverage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; technologically versatile with willingness to expand skills.
- Excellent editorial judgment and understanding of public radio core values.
- Understanding of social media best practices
- Knowledge of relevant FCC rules and regulations.
- B.A. in relevant field or equivalent experience.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer
Please apply through the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: http://nhpr.iapplicants.com/