KJZZ, licensed to Rio Salado College, is the premier public radio news and information station in Phoenix. KJZZ provides hundreds of thousands of metro Phoenix residents and a community of global learners with innovative programming via multimedia platforms. The Senior Producer will research, produce and write stories for broadcast based on KJZZ’s mission, goals and priorities.
Researches, identifies and writes stories for broadcast based on mission, goals and priorities. Produces daily talk and / or magazine radio programming using digital media that includes, but is not limited to, the web, mobile, social media, databases and blogs. Provides program production technical assistance, edits audio segments and schedules guests.
50% - Develops materials and content for network quality programming in various day parts, with focus on audience orientation, timeliness, and production values; prepares and delivers news including gathering and rewriting material so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots; works with Chief Content Officer and Executive Producer to create programming that combines national, international, regional and local content for incorporation into program services.
25% - Researches and produces interviews and features.
25% -Interviews and edits guests for use in news magazine and web materials; participates in fundraising activities; makes promotional appearances as necessary; keeps daily logs and required paperwork; may perform occasional on-air work.
Three (3) years' progressively responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in journalism, news, and multimedia experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience with digital audio editing
- Experience in writing and producing show segments using gathered audio
- Experience writing and producing digital media content
- Experience using digital media tools
- Experience researching and identifying appropriate guests including pre-interviewing
- Experience producing well-written, contextual news with sound
- Experience writing, producing and completing sound rich features
- Experience with Audio Board operation in recorded and live situations
- Proficient with field audio production equipment and studio audio systems
- Recent portfolio of on-air work that should contain a personable, energetic, well-defined on-air personality and highly developed and effective interviewing skills
- Early morning, evening and/or weekend hours required; may require lifting up to 20 lbs.; may require travel; must meet District minimum standards regarding driving:
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer