KJZZ-FM seeks a Broadcast Producer Manager (BPM) of Content/News. The BPM-Content/News will produce radio programs by delivering on-air content and technical continuity among all segments of programming. They will be responsible for editing scripts and audio for clarity, accuracy, creativity and context, and developing stories, cultivating sources, and maintaining the station’s journalistic credibility, both short and long range. Assists in coordinating live interviews, audio elements and other program content. Assists in developing, planning and administering programming and operations, for local productions and news at a broadcast station or on a new media content delivery service.
The BPM-Content/News will share in the oversight of newsroom personnel, develop assignments based on deadlines, news value and ethical and professional standards inherent in public radio journalism. Furthermore, the successful candidate must assist reporters in developing news judgement and deadline skills and work with editors in news production and story editing across multiple media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Broadcasting, Communication or a related field AND five (5) years of experience in journalism, news, multimedia.
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience in a journalism endeavor.
- Four (4) years of experience initiating, developing, editing and directing network quality long-form programming for broadcast.
- Five (5) years of experience as a managing editor or in a senior editor position at a broadcast station, a newspaper, website, or magazine.
- Excellent written skills as demonstrated through a cover letter, and resume, plus a portfolio containing recent examples of work in any media format from the last 5 years to be submitted with application. Portfolio of work should contain:
- Use of appropriate equipment and software.
- Producing well-written, contextual news with sound.
- Effective interviewing and story development.
- Generating creative and innovative ideas and contributes to the development process in general.
For more detail, please visit the job posting at http://liv.jobs/kjzz.
HOW TO APPLY:
KJZZ is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at https://livingstonassociates.net/openings.html#KJZZ-BPM.
Apply by August 27th, 2017.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
KJZZ-FM is licensed to the Maricopa Community College District. KJZZ, K-BACH, Spot 127, and Sun Sounds of Arizona form the Division of Public Service at Rio Salado College, a leader in online learning based in Tempe (Phoenix), Arizona. The Division employs more than 100 full time public media professionals.
To learn more about KJZZ, visit: http://kjzz.org/
Search Assistance by:
Livingston Associates – http://www.livingstonassociates.net/
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates