Detroit Public TV is actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Social Media & Digital Content Coordinator in Detroit, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Social Media and Digital Content Coordinator will conceive and create content for web and social media for the Detroit Journalism Cooperative (DJC) and DPTV’s Detroit Bureau platforms utilizing new media and archival media. This includes editing video to post to all Detroit Bureau digital platforms and writing social media posts for all Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts. This position will also assist in creating social media strategies to maximize content reach and design content appropriate for social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
- Produce and edit content for social media and web
- Track and coordinate social media outreach by DJC partners
- Conceive and execute social media strategies around both DJC and Detroit Bureau activities, including day-to-day content, broadcast specials, and events
- Perform media management including coordination of archival back up of all media at the Wixom headquarters
- Create rough video edits for Detroit Bureau producers to prepare for on-line editor
- Ensure proper media management and up-keep of the One Detroit media archives
- Work on field productions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in one-on-one setting or before a group
- Experience with social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr
- Web production skills and a thorough understanding of web and social media platforms
- Web /online strategy understanding
- Creative skills for new ideas, and techniques and knowledge of popular social media applications as well as new and emerging applications
- Excellent video editing skills in Adobe Premier and/or Final Cut Pro
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work effectively with people across all lines of the organization
- Ability to set, meet deadlines, work irregular and extended hours
- Bachelor’s Degree Journalism, Communications, English or related field required
- 3+ years communications and/or television production experience required
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 12/1/2016
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.