Colorado Matters, Colorado Public Radio News' award-winning daily interview program, is seeking a Radio and Digital Producer to join its team in bringing meaningful and relevant stories to those in Colorado. We're looking for someone who loves to dig into issues, find the human side of policy debates, and explore a range of topics - politics, environment, energy, education, healthcare, business, and arts and culture.
The Radio and Digital Producer consistently finds potential sources for the host to interview using high-level reporting to understand issues and identify best guests. They prepare the host with a script and background materials and they help to guide live interviews as well as edit recorded interviews. These responsibilities are the main focus of the role.
The successful candidate will also have strong copy-editing skills, understand how to make web content sing, how to promote it, and how to engage listeners through social media.
This producer attends all necessary Colorado Matters/CPR News meetings and contributes to the daily flow of ideas that keep our show fresh, lively, accurate and transformative. The working environment is highly collaborative and open to new ideas.
For a more complete list of responsibilities please review the full job description.
Colorado Public Radio News delivers insightful and impartial news from around the world, across the nation, and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community. Listeners rely on CPR as a resource for emerging Colorado stories.
Colorado is a great place to live and work. Denver is known for its sunshine; incredible access to outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and golf; world-renowned art museums and thriving arts scene; terrific restaurants; and year-round events that appeal to everyone.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of journalism experience required; public radio experience and/or print/digital experience ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key developments and distill complex matters.
- High-level writing and editing skills, especially on the Web and in social media.
- Sharp copy editor with knowledge of AP style guidelines.
- Superior news judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines, and the ability to be nimble in a fast-growth, highly creative environment.
- Position is based in the Denver Metro and requires working non-standard hours from time to time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, three examples of writing and/or editing for print or the web, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CM Radio/Digital Producer" in the subject line. Please include links to audio or video samples if you have them. No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.