Colorado Public Radio News is expanding and has a brand new opportunity for a digital news producer with the passion and talent to delight and engage audiences in Colorado, and that cares about Colorado, on all digital platforms but especially on social media. The right candidate will be able to:
- Help establish a new position designed to influence the newsroom assignment process at the earliest stages to produce distinctive journalism tailored to web and social.
- Collaborate in and craft platform- and channel-specific stories from reporters in ways designed to grow and delight digital audiences, while earning their trust and loyalty.
- Position our social media channels to become true hubs of community engagement and conversation; draw people in and encourage them to speak, because we’re listening
- Track and understand audience engagement metrics hand-in-hand with CPR’s social media manager so that we broaden and deepen our coverage.
- Serve as a champion for the possibilities of cross-platform journalism, coaching radio reporters and producers proactively on opportunities and skills, and managing workflow.
View full job description.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- Four-year degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum of four years of strong journalism experience
- Fluency in software and services for photo, video, livestream, data visualization, maps
- Impeccable news judgment and ethics, and outstanding writing and editing skills
- Track record of self-directed work, including working unsupervised for parts of the day
- Strong organizational skills: thrive in an environment that requires juggling multiple tasks and deadlines, and working collaboratively in the newsroom and across departments.
This position is based in metro Denver (Centennial) and requires some nonstandard hours (including nights and weekends) and some travel. Colorado is a great place to live and work. Denver is known for its sunshine, world-renowned art museums, thriving performing and fine arts scene, terrific restaurants and breweries, and more. The nearby Rocky Mountains are an incredible playground for skiing, hiking, biking, hunting, fishing and just plain gawping at nature.
To apply, please send us your cover letter, resume and references. Also: three links to your best digital journalism: stories either that you’ve reported, or produced for others if that’s your role. Three links to professional websites or social media channels that you’ve edited and/or managed, or to which you contribute, showing off a range of content. Put all this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Multi-platform Digital Producer, Social & Engagement" in the subject line. No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
Colorado Public Radio News delivers insightful and impartial news from around the world, across the nation, and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community. Listeners rely on CPR as a resource for emerging Colorado stories.