Thu June 28, 2012
Claire Wardle Brings Social Media to PRNDI
The 12 participants in the social media workshop led by Claire Wardle today are learning about using social media to find sources, follow breaking news, and, blessedly, filtering out the noise and find meaningful information quickly.
- Use Google advanced search for faster, deeper and more meaningful searches for sources and information
- Facebook should in no way look like or feel like your station's website. It's a place to start conversations by asking people what they know.
- Use Twitter lists -- yours and others -- to get to specific information or to experts in a specific field
- Use topsy.com to search social media
- Netvibes is your friend if you want to collect all of the sites you like to check in with in one place.
We are also enjoying Claire's energy, humor and British slang.....