The Corporate Underwriting Account Executive position represents a significant revenue contribution to Capital Public Radio. Our underwriting partners support Capital Public Radio because of the shared belief in the news, programs and content provided. Additionally, the public radio audience represents a one of the most desirable, educated and affluent listener groups.
The Underwriting Account Executive must thrive in a performance-based, goal-driven sales environment. One who independently manages their time between selling and non-selling activities. The underwriting account executive thoroughly embraces the culture and ethos of Capital Public Radio’s audience and has an affinity for the companies that support Capital Public Radio.
The Corporate Underwriting position is 100% commission and requires the candidate to be organized, confident, and have a successful track record in a performance based selling environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, media or non-profit development responsibilities
- Responsible for presenting and selling underwriting on all Capital Public Radio properties including digital assets.
- Responsible for exceeding sales goals and effectively managing a book of business
- Responsible for all aspects and tasks required of the underwriting position, order entry, underwriting copy, collections and billing, budgeting and forecasting.
- Responsible for creating strong long-term working relationships with clients based on good follow-through and service.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals.
- Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Mastery of Office 365, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
Submit cover letter, resume, and reference list and compensation requirements to:
Human Resources Capital Public Radio 7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer