Mission & Goals
PRNDI is a non-profit professional association that exists to improve local news and information programming by serving public radio journalists.
PRNDI educates, advocates and organizes to promote high standards, ethical principles, and significant public service.
Strengthen the skills, capacity & professional position of News Directors and, through them, strengthen public radio's local news & public affairs efforts in ways that are embraced by audiences, station leaders, networks and supporters.
- Training at the national conference
- News Director Handbook
- Training at the regional level
- Web resources
- National training outside of the conference
Foster a compelling vision of service and a sustainable business model for local public radio news & public affairs that is broadly embraced by station leaders, networks and public radio's supporters.
- Engage with decision-makers in organized way
- "Proven Practice" business models - different sites/formats
- Develop funding agenda for CPB
- Create a "Leaders Circle"